DescriptionPlum is a fruit that is related to the family of peaches and cherries. It is one of those fruits which are rich in dietary fiber that is effective in improving the digestive system. There are thousands of varieties of plums that are available throughout the world, ranging in colors like red, blue-black, purple, yellow, green or amber. Plums are believed to have originated in Asia and since then have been grown all over the world. The fresh and juicy taste of the plum makes it refreshing to eat on a hot summer day!
- Plums and its dried form, known as ‘Prune’ are high in unique phytonutrients called neochlorogenic and chlorogenic acid. Their function is that of an anti-oxidant and is of much benefit.
- Consumption of plums helps in the production and absorption of iron in the body, thus leading to better blood circulation in the body, which further leads to the growth of healthy tissues.
- Regular consumption of plums will prevent macular degeneration and any other infection of the eye in the long run. Your eyes will be healthy and strong for long time and you can also retain a sharp eye-sight.
- Researchers have found that plums have anti-cancer agents that may help prevent the growth of cancerous cells and tumors in the body.
- Eating plums also reduces your chances of contracting a heart disease in the long run. Plums have certain cleansing agents that keep the blood pure and also prevent complications of the heart.
- Plums have high content of Vitamin C, which means it helps protect
against health conditions like asthma, colon cancer, osteoarthritis and